The proper preparation of your possessions for loading is essential to the success of your move. That is why most people prefer to have their household goods professionally packed. If you elect to pack part or all of your goods yourself, below are some helpful tips.
- Rigid heavy-duty cartons of different sizes with good lids.
- Clean newsprint and tissue paper for wrapping and cushioning.
- Tape, scissors, felt markers, notepad.
Prepare for Packing
- Dispose of unwanted articles at a garage sale or donate them to charity.
- The following items are classified as dangerous or hazardous and cannot be included in your move:
- Aerosol cans
- Cleaning fluids
- Paints and paint thinner
- Lighter fluid
- BBQ tanks
- Pressurized tanks
- Flammable or corrosive chemicals
- Perishable goods
- Food in glass jars
- Fertilizers containing Ammonium Nitrate
- Sort and prepack the items you won’t use before moving day.
- Make a list of the things that cannot be packed until the last minute.